The Amarnath Yatra is an annual pilgrimage to the Amarnath cave, located in the Indian union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The yatra attracts thousands of devotees every year who undertake a challenging trek to seek blessings of Lord Shiva. The process for Amarnath Yatra 2023 registration has begun, and in this article, we will guide you through the registration process, dates, and guidelines.
Amarnath Yatra 2023 Registration Dates
The registration process for Amarnath Yatra 2023 has already started, and the last date for registration is yet to be announced. Therefore, it is advisable to keep checking the official website of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board for the latest updates. The yatra is expected to commence in the last week of June or the first week of July, depending on the weather conditions.
Eligibility criteria and Guidelines for Amarnath Yatra 2023
Here are the eligibility criteria and guidelines for undertaking the Amarnath Yatra:
Eligibility Criteria For Amarnath Yatra 2023 Registration
- The pilgrim should be in good health and free from any kind of communicable disease.
- The minimum age for undertaking the yatra is 13 years. Children below the age of 13 years are not allowed to undertake the yatra.
- Pregnant women, persons with a history of heart ailments, asthma, high blood pressure, epilepsy, and other medical conditions are advised not to undertake the yatra.
- The pilgrim should be physically fit and should not have any disability that may hamper their ability to undertake the yatra.
Guidelines For Amarnath Yatra 2023 Registration
- Compulsory Health Checkup (CHC): All pilgrims are required to undergo a compulsory health checkup (CHC) before embarking on the yatra. The CHC can be done at any of the designated centers across India. Pilgrims who are found unfit during the CHC will not be allowed to undertake the yatra.
- Registration: Pilgrims are required to register for the yatra either online or offline. The Yatra Permit is a mandatory document for undertaking the yatra.
- Route and mode of transportation: Pilgrims can choose their preferred route and mode of transportation (helicopter or trekking) during the registration process.
- Accommodation: Pilgrims can choose from different categories of accommodation (tent or dormitory) during the registration process.
- Dress code: Pilgrims are advised to wear warm and comfortable clothes during the yatra. They should also carry raincoats, umbrellas, and sturdy shoes.
- Prohibited items: The Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board has prohibited the carrying of certain items during the yatra. These include alcohol, tobacco products, drugs, inflammable material, firearms, and sharp-edged weapons.
- Environmental conservation: Pilgrims are advised to keep the yatra route clean and refrain from littering or causing any damage to the environment.
- Safety guidelines: Pilgrims are advised to follow the safety guidelines issued by the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board. These include carrying sufficient warm clothes, carrying a first aid kit, staying hydrated, and avoiding strenuous physical activity.
Also read: Complete Details About Amarnath Yatra Routes
How to get Compulsory Health Checkup (CHC) For Amarnath Yatra 2023
Before embarking on the Amarnath Yatra, every pilgrim is required to undergo a compulsory health checkup (CHC). The CHC is conducted to ensure that the pilgrims are physically fit to undertake the strenuous trek. The CHC can be done at designated hospitals, clinics, and health centers. The state/UT wise list of authorised doctors/institutions to issue a compulsory health certificate (CHC) for shri Amarnath Yatra 2023 is available Below.
List of Authorised Doctors/Institutions to obtain CHC
Also, you can download the CHC Certificate from the Below link.
Registration and Yatra Permit
The Amarnath Yatra is an annual pilgrimage to the holy cave of Amarnath, located in Jammu and Kashmir, India. To undertake the yatra, pilgrims need to complete the registration process and obtain a Yatra Permit.
Registration is a mandatory process that allows pilgrims to undertake the yatra. It can be done both online and offline. During registration, pilgrims need to provide their personal details such as name, address, contact details, and preferred route, mode of transportation, and category of accommodation. It is important to note that pilgrims need to fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board to undertake the yatra.
Once the registration process is completed, pilgrims need to obtain a Yatra Permit. The Yatra Permit is a kind of entry pass that authorizes the holder to undertake the yatra. It is issued by the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board and contains details such as the name of the pilgrim, the date of the yatra, the route chosen, and the mode of transportation.
The Yatra Permit needs to be carried by the pilgrim during the entire yatra and needs to be produced at various checkpoints along the yatra route. It is important to note that the Yatra Permit is non-transferable and pilgrims need to carry a valid government-issued ID proof during the yatra.
How to do online Amarnath Yatra Registration 2023 ?
Amarnath Yatra 2023 registration has already started. Anyone can easily register themself or their family member or a group of people through the official website of Shri AmarnathJi Shrine Board. Following are the steps to follow for successful registration.
- Visit the official website of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board at https://jksasb.nic.in/onlineservices/agreeme.html
- Read the instructions carefully and scroll down to the bottom of ther page and click on the “Register” button.
- Now, on the registration page, you need to fill up the following details.
- Yatra Details
It includes the route of yatra , date of yatra etc.
- Yatri Details
It includes the yatri’s personal details like Name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, Aadhar number, Address etc.
- Medical Details
It include the details of CHC, hospital details, Your photograph and Medical certificate etc
- Yatra Details
- Once all the details are filled up successfully then click on the submit button.
- You will receive an OTP, you need to verify the OTP received.
- Application will be processes and the SMS will be sent to Applicant
- Pay Application Fee Online.
- Download the Yatra Permit.
Offline Amarnath Yatra Registration 2023
For offline Amarnath yatra registration an applicant must follow the below steps:
- The registration will be done on a first come first serve basis.
- The Banks will stop allowing people to sign up for a particular date 8 days before that date to help SASB gather accurate information. For example, if someone wants to register for June 30th, 2023, they won’t be able to do it after June 22nd, 2023. And if someone wants to register for July 1st, 2023, they won’t be able to do it after June 23rd, 2023.
- A predetermined daily or per-route quota has been assigned to each registration branch for the purpose of registering Yatris. The Registration Branch is responsible for ensuring that the number of Yatris registered does not exceed the allocated daily or per-route quota.
- An applicant will have to approach the registration counter of an authorised bank with CHC issued by the authorised doctor.
- CHC will be authenticated and manually verified by the bank.
- Once the CHC is verified successfully then applicants will be asked to submit the requisite fee.
- Registration officer will do the Biometric Aadhar based E-KYC of the applicant.
- After authentication, the data from Aadhaar is populated in the web portal, i;e Name/Parentage, Age, Gender, Address and Photo
- Yatra Route, Date of Yatra, Blood Group and Mobile Number of Yatri to be punched by the Registering Officer.
- The Registering officer shall check mark the fields of CHC Verification and Fee Paid Manually
- The Registering Officer Generates the Yatri Permit with Unique No. From the Portal
- Registering Officer take the printout and hand over it to the Yatri duly signed and Stamped
Group registration for Amarnath Yatra 2023
Group registration is a process where a group of individuals can register together for the Amarnath Yatra. It is a convenient way for families, friends, or other groups to undertake the yatra together.
To avail of the group registration facility, a minimum of 5 individuals need to register together. The group leader needs to register online and provide the necessary details of all the members of the group. The group leader can also choose the preferred route, mode of transportation, and category of accommodation for the entire group during the registration process.
Once the group registration is completed, a single Yatra Permit will be issued for the entire group. It is important to note that the group leader will be responsible for the conduct of all the members of the group during the yatra.
Group registration has several advantages. It allows individuals to undertake the yatra together and ensures that the entire group is accommodated together. It also simplifies the registration process and reduces the hassle of registering individually.
Registration procedure for NRI/ ex-India Pilgrims
For people living outside of India or used to live in India, the following things need to be taken in case they want to go for Shri Amarnath Yatra 2023.
- To participate in the Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2023, NRIs (Non-Resident Indians) or ex-India pilgrims need to send some documents via email to Shri Rohit Raina, Chief Manager, IT, Department, Punjab National Bank, Circle Office, Jammu.
- The email address to send the documents is firstname.lastname@example.org, and the contact number is 0191-2470105.
- The documents required are:
- A filled-in application form.
- A compulsory health certificate showing you are fit enough to go on the Yatra.
- A scanned photograph of yourself.
- An identity proof or a copy of your passport.
- The registration fee of Rs 1520 per Yatri. The fee needs to be deposited in Punjab National Bank using the Swift Code PUNBINBBJTS, Account Number 0794000101212056.
- The compulsory health certificate needs to be issued by National Health Services of the country concerned after 16th April 2023.
- The application form and health certificate format are available on the Board’s website jksasb.nic.in.
- Your Yatra Permit (YPF) will be based on real-time data entry on the portal and generated by the computer system.
- You can choose to collect your YPF from the designated branch of Punjab National Bank located at Jammu or Srinagar.
- You need to indicate your choice of collection branch in your forwarding email.
- Registration of NRI/ex-India pilgrims will be subject to availability of registration quota for the preferred day and route.
- You will receive an email from Shri Rohit Raina informing you whether you have been registered for the Yatra and where to collect your YPF.
In conclusion, the Amarnath Yatra 2023 is a sacred pilgrimage that requires physical fitness and mental preparedness. We hope that this article has provided you with all the necessary information about the registration process, dates, and guidelines for the yatra. We wish you a safe and fulfilling yatra!